Sunday, September 7, 2008

Portugal

A lot of things have happened since I last wrote in this blogg. I have been traveling in Portugal for 12 days. We rented a car and went from Lisbon and up the coast to Porto. I will write some words of this trip later. It is absolutely worth going there if you are interested in wineing and dining. But we had other things in mind for the trip.
The whole stretch of the coastline to Portugal is consistent good surf. We fell in Love with Ericeira, a small fishing village one hour north of Lisbon. They had a kinds of surf for each riding level. But my personal favorite was Ribera D`Ilhas. A 300 meter long perfect right.

After being in Ericeira we drove up to Peniche and then Nazare before a one nighter in Porto. We lived just outside of Peniche, in a rich concrete condo jungle. Only a short walk to a super crowded spot. And a 7 minutte drive to a good beach break.

Stephen surfing in Nazzare. 10 minutes north of Nazzare had one of the most heavy beach break I have ever seen. Strong currents and 3,5 meter high waves. No people in the water. Shit, not a place for a guy like me in a 7,2 mal without any serious experience.

No comments: